The 18th District Court in Westland, Michigan is proud to work in cooperation with other District courts to provide excellent service to our customers. We work closely with the 29th District Court in Wayne, Michigan. Please visit the 29th District Court for more information on their court and programs.
The 18th District Court serves the City of Westland and is located at 36675 Ford Road in Westland, Michigan, 48185.
The Honorable Mark A. McConnell
Chief Judge of the 18th District Court of Westland, Michigan.Click here to read Judge McConnell's bio.
Honorable Sandra F. Cicirelli
Presiding Judge of the 18th District court of Westland, MichiganClick here to read Judge Cicirelli's bio.
The 18th District Court handles the following matters:
- Criminal Cases: Misdemeanor and Felony offenses which the crime occurred in the City of Westland.
- Civil Infractions: Traffic and non-traffic offenses arising in the City of Westland.
- Small Claims cases in which the claim does not exceed $5,000.
- Landlord-Tenant matters in which the residence is within the City of Westland.
- General civil matters involving claims up to $25,000.
Hours & Information
The Court is open 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday through Friday, except for Holidays.
The 18th District Court is barrier free and accessible for persons with disabilities. If you require special accommodations, please contact the court administrator at (734) 595-8787 to make arrangements for your visit to the court.
All persons entering the courthouse are subject to search of both their person and belongings.
Signs posted at the courthouse entrance list all items which are prohibited and which will be seized if found on your person. Weapons of any type, food, beverages, and cigarette lighters are just some of the items that are prohibited.
If you are coming to the court to make a payment, we accept cash, personal check, or money order. The court also accepts Visa, MasterCard and debit cards; however, we use a third party processor for these transactions. The additional costs of these transactions are paid by the person making the payment There is also a drop box outside of the building for after-hours payments.
Please note: You may also pay online. See the payments page for more information.
- Monday September 1, 2014 - Labor Day
- Monday October 13, 2014 - Columbus Day
- Tuesday November 11, 2014 - Veteran's Day
- Thursday November 27, 2014 - Thanksgiving
- Friday November 28, 2014 - Thanksgiving
- Wednesday December 24, 2014 - Christmas Eve
- Thursday December 25, 2014 - Christmas Day
- Wednesday December 31, 2014 - New Years Eve
- Thursday January 1, 2015 - New Years Day