The 18th District Court serves the City of Westland. The court is located at 36675 Ford Road in Westland, Michigan, 48185.
Hon. Sandra Ference Cicirelli
Hon. Mark A. McConnell, Chief Judge
The court handles the following matters:
* Criminal Cases: Misdemeanor and Felony offenses which the crime occurred in the City of Westland.
* Civil Infractions: Traffic and non-traffic offenses arising in the City of Westland.
* Small Claims cases in which the claim does not exceed $5,000.
* Landlord Tenant Matters in which the residence is within the City of Westland.
* General Civil matters involving claims up to $25,000.
The court is open to the public Monday through Friday between 8:00am to 4:00pm except for the holidays listed below.
The 18th District Court is barrier free and accessible for persons with disabilities. If you require special accommodations, please contact the court administrator at (734) 595-8720 prior to your visit to the court.
All persons entering the courthouse are subject to search of both their person and belongings. Signs posted at the courthouse entrance list all items which are prohibited and which will be seized if found on your person. Weapons of any type, food, beverages, and cigarette lighters are just some of the items that are prohibited. Note: Cell Phones are NOT allowed in the courthouse.
If you are coming to the court to make a payment, we accept cash, personal check, or money order. The court also accepts Visa, MasterCard and Debit Cards; however, we use a third party processer for these transactions. The additional costs of these transactions are paid by the person making the payment. There is also a drop box outside the building for after hours payments.
Please note: You may also pay on line. Click the "Payments" tab for more information or go directly payments by clicking HERE